Tuesday, November 3
1110 Alverser Drive
Our next Chesterfield Twinning Association (CTA) meeting will be at 6 pm, Tuesday, November 3rd, at Extra Billy’s, 1110 Alverser Drive in Midlothian. The main focus of this meeting will be discussion of possible activities during Gravesham Twinning’s May 2016 visit to Chesterfield.
Tuesday, October 13
9501 Lori Road
Our next Chesterfield Twinning Association meeting will be on Tuesday, October 13, at the Central Library and the public is invited to come and learn more about our association. The library is publicizing this meeting, and we’re giving a short presentation.
We had a very productive meeting on September 8th with 17 in attendance. Thank you to Bonnie for your work on our meeting minutes. We welcomed new members and are looking forward getting to know our travelling friends. Our group will be busy this fall. Even if you cannot volunteer come by and visit us at the following upcoming events:
Come out and ask us about Twinning!
Tuesday, September 8
7052 Commons Plaza
Our next Chesterfield Twinning Association meeting will be next Tuesday, September 8th at 6 p.m. at Ledo’s Pizza across from the Chesterfield County Government Center. The agenda for this meeting:
- getting ready for Henricus Publick Days (Sept 19-20) and ChesterFest (Sept. 26)
- fundraising update
- updating our promotional materials
- Oct. 13 Central Library Meeting
- update on a 2016 Gravesham visit
- planning for visiting Gravesham in 2017
Thanks to everyone who attended our August 17th monthly meeting. It was an enjoyable and productive meeting. We established our volunteer sign up lists for ChesterFest and Henricus Publick Days, however, we still need more help on Sunday, September 20, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. A summary from our meeting:
- we now have logo name tags to wear at our upcoming events and recommended t-shirts for our volunteers to wear
- Things are lining up for CTA’s fundraising efforts at Henricus Public Days Sept. 19/20 and Chesterfest Sept. 26. We will be selling barbecue provided by King’s Corner
- we agreed on having a few gift baskets again for ChesterFest
- Glenn agreed to update our display board and our information flyer
- an invitation has been sent to the Gravesham Town Twinning Association for a May-June visit
Our October 13 meeting will be at the Chesterfield County Central Library, where we will set up an information booth for library patrons.
Tuesday, July 14
Dolce Vita Restaurant
2401 Colony Crossing Place, Midlothian, Virginia 23112
Trip to England report
We met at Chuy’s Restaurant on Thursday, June 4, 2015, and heard from the travellers about their enjoyable trip to England. It was agreed by all that it was a great visit with plenty of activities and time to visit with host families. Several travellers arrived a few days early or stayed a few days late and visited other parts of the country as well as Scotland and Paris! The Eurostar train, zooming under the English Channel, made the trip in a mere 2 1/2 hours. We will be gathering photographs from the trip and posting them on this website.
We welcomed new guests to our meeting and talked about upcoming events in 2016 and 2017. Join us as we work out details for future hosting and travelling opportunities.
7600 Beach Road
$10 / person
Our upcoming visit to England is on track with 12 people ready to go – reservations either made or soon to be. Logistics were discussed and further details will be worked out at our April 9 meeting.
- our membership is now up to 20 paid members
- Alena K. has worked with the fundraising committee to come up with fun & profitable activities for building up our Twinning fund
- a big thank you to Bruno V. for putting the finishing touches on our newly adopted bylaws
Check back for location announcement of our April meeting and come join us!
Our next Chesterfield County Twinning Association meeting will be
Monday, March 9th
Capital Ale House
13831 Village Place Drive
Midlothian, VA 23114
We’ll start with dinner and conversation, followed by a brief business meeting. Slated for discussion are updates on the May trip to England, draft by-laws, and fundraising. A big thank you to Alena for hosting this week’s fundraising subcommittee meeting. There were a lot of good ideas discussed and we’ll hear more about them at our meeting.
See you at the meeting. No more snow!